Saturday, February 28, 2015

the secret

I want to take a moment and try to be a little inspirational. My sister and I are trying to watch more documentaries and then talk about them. We just watched a documentary called "the secret" and it is about attraction. Now, you may be thinking that I'm referring to "ohh heyyy that guy is totally cute" attraction, but I'm not. The documentary talks about how everything that happens to you (good or bad) happens because you attracted it in your life, and that is the secret.

Have you ever had one of those days where something bad happens, it puts you into a bad mood, and then its just one bad thing after another that day?? That is attraction right there. Since something bad happened to you, it put bad and negative thoughts into your head, therefore attracting more bad things to happen to you because you're assuming the worst to happen. I never thought about these types of circumstances being connected to my thoughts. I always just figured the world was out to get me that day and I just had to accept it.

"Your life is a physical manifestation of the thoughts that happen in your head."

How true is that quote? The documentary goes into a lot of detail about how your thoughts rule your actions. Anyone can say that they're going to do something, but unless they truly believe it in their head, and make the effort, nothing is going to happen. Our thoughts and feelings are a source of feedback telling us whether we're on the right track or not, and inevitably guide our actions. 

I keep telling people that I'd like to start a business and make more money on the side...eventually having it turn into a career path, but thats never going to happen unless I spend time thinking and putting together a plan. It's not going to happen on its own, and if I don't change my thoughts now in order to make the change in my life, I'm going to look back a year from now and realize that I am no closer to that dream than I am now.

There are three steps to "the secret" and they are (1) Ask. Let the world know what you want (2) Believe. Believe that what you want is already yours. Picture yourself having exactly what you want and the world will rearrange itself with opportunities to make that happen for you. You will attract the things you want with your thoughts (3) Receive. 

One of my professors in school said,
"You have to be very very careful of what you go looking for in life,
because you're probably going to find it."

That made a real impact on me and it ties in really well with "the secret". The power of your thoughts and attraction is a real thing. It exists. There is only one person that can control your destiny and what you find in life. That person is you. Choose wisely what you go looking for. Take this time in your life to truly figure out what you want. Chances are that what you think you want and what you actually want are very different. It's a journey and a learning process. Your purpose in life is what you say it is. No one else can tell you that. 

"Follow your bliss and the world will open doors where there were only walls."

Everyone deserves to be happy. Everyone is born to add something to this world, to add value. You, just as much as I, are capable of doing so much good, and it starts with your thoughts. Imagine what you can do from this day forward with the life knowledge you have gained up to this point. We all have something different to offer and I am gonna find what that is for me. The last five minutes of the documentary were very powerful to me. One of my favorite quotes from the whole video was,

"No one else can dance your dance, no one else can sing your song, no one else can
write your story. What you are and what you do begins right now."

Regardless of where you're at in your life right now, regardless of your age or your life accomplishments, the moment you decide that you want to be happy and truly live, your life will change. Yes, like anyone you will still have those bad days. Its normal. Don't think that one bad day will ruin the rest of your week, year, life. If you do, it just might. Thats the power of your mind. 

I hope this was the slightest bit inspirational. I wanted to share because there were a lot of aspects of the documentary that I believe. I really do think our thoughts are so powerful and can be extremely enabling but also destructive. It's up to us to decide how we let our thoughts dictate. Thats my food for thought for February. 

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome that you and your sister are going that. What a great way to connect and learn new things. I've heard of The Secret, but I haven't watched it yet. I definitely agree with the message though. Positive thought will lead to positive actions. Thanks for the reminder and the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete