Saturday, February 28, 2015

thank you february

Well, I cant hide it but the good times have been rollin for sure. I decided that February was going to be MY month and it most definitely has been a good one, but there's still time to make it even better! The power of positive thinking amazes me all the time. I'll get into this a little later, but my sister and I decided we want to start watching a documentary each week together (but separate) and then talk about it every Sunday. This weeks documentary is "The Secret" which talks about...dun dun dun...the secret of life. WHAT? Who knew. It ties into my thoughts about positive thinking. But before I get into that, l want to express how happy with where I am in life right now. I feel very fortunate to be where I am now and so happy with where life has taken me. I am still so young, yet I've had so many incredible experience in my life at this point that I never wanted to take for granted. It blows my mind how much I've accomplished in such a short period of time, yet I have like 4x more years to accomplish and do even more.
Like I mentioned in my last post, I had a really rough January with work and what not. I had a moment about two weeks ago. I had a really good day with work, hung out with a friend that night, and then had a bunch of other friends over in the evening. It was just a solid day. I had a moment when all my friends and I were gathered around our kitchen counter just talking and laughing. There was a small moment where it felt like I froze in a dream and all I could hear were my thoughts but I could see everyone around me laughing and smiling and happy. My thoughts took over and all I could hear was myself saying, "Man, I love my life." It was a really incredible feeling. I have been so blessed with amazing people in my life and I continue to be surrounded by new and old ones. I can't say I kept up with this blog once a week thing. I honestly thought saying once a week was making it easy on myself. But in all reality, we should all be shocked that I'm writing two weeks later and not a year later.


This month has brought a lot of good things for me. While I cant say it was easy, because life isn't easy, certain things have happened that allow me to appreciate what I do have and the people I love the most. I spent President's Day weekend in St. George visiting my grandparents with my cousin. I'm so glad we made the trip down there. I take for granted how close I am to so much of my extended family. Everyone and their mother was in St. George that weekend and I was able to meet up with some friends for some much needed adventuring as well.

I made a realization this month and that is how OBSESSED I am with a solid view of city lights. While I was commuting from Sandy to Provo every day for school my last semester,  my favorite part of any day was when I would be driving home from a long day late at night. I'd drive around the point of the mountain and BAM its the most incredible view of the city lights of Draper and beyond. It always made me so happy. While in St. George, both nights I was there, I spent a good chunk of time on top of dixie rock or D mountain just soaking in the air and beauty of the city lights. It's so cheesy to say but it makes me feel so alive. Like "Helloooo world, I'm here, I'm alive, living a great life with beautiful views!"



February brought a lot of new adventures and firsts for me. Ali and I went tubing at Soldiers Hollow, I went to my first Jazz game with my Rec Management crew, and I went night skiing up at Sundance Ski Resort for the second time with Lindsay! How have I not done these things before? I don't know. School got the best of me I guess.

I've definitely been taking advantage of the free time to do whatever I want since I don't have homework anymore! While it truly feels like I've been finished with school for a lifetime, I also realize it has been a bit of a transition in lifestyle for sure. Although I don't work or do nearly as much as I did while I was in school, I get wiped out way faster. I don't know why that is, but its a real thing. Regardless, this life has treated me pretty dang well.

Thank you, thank you, thank you February for being so good to me. To think that this is only the beginning of the post-grad life excites me. I love to think about all the great adventures I have yet to go on and be a part of. This is the start of something so so good and I am so happy with where my life is at right now. 


Bring on MARCH. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Zoe! I'm so glad things have turned around. It seems like February was a really great month. It's so fun to read this and know what you've been up to. I'm glad your doing things you want to do now that you don't have homework. I'm trying to do the same and really enjoy the free time that I now have. I can't wait to read what March brings you!

    ReplyDelete